Manchester Aggravated DUI Lawyer
Aggressive Defense for Serious Charges
Aggravated DUI is a serious criminal charge that can result in severe penalties if you are convicted. If you are facing charges for aggravated DUI, it is crucial that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. At George T. Campbell, Attorney at Law, we have over 25 years of experience representing clients in all types of criminal cases, including DUI and aggravated DUI. We understand the stakes involved and are prepared to fight aggressively for you in court.
What Is Aggravated DUI?
In New Hampshire, a driver can be charged with aggravated DUI if they are accused of driving under the influence and meet certain criteria. Aggravated DUI is a felony offense, which means that a conviction can result in a lengthy prison sentence, substantial fines, and other serious penalties.
You can be charged with aggravated DUI if:
- You are accused of driving under the influence and have a child under the age of 16 in the vehicle
- You are accused of driving under the influence and cause an accident that results in serious bodily injury to another person
- You are accused of driving under the influence and cause an accident that results in the death of another person
It is important to note that you can be charged with aggravated DUI even if you have no prior DUI convictions. In other words, a first-time DUI offense can be charged as an aggravated DUI if you meet any of the above criteria.
Penalties for Aggravated DUI
Aggravated DUI is a felony offense in New Hampshire. If you are convicted, you will face a number of serious penalties, including imprisonment, fines, and more.
The penalties for an aggravated DUI conviction include:
- Minimum 10 days in jail
- Maximum 7-year prison sentence
- Minimum $750 fine
- Maximum $4,000 fine
- Minimum 18-month license suspension
- Maximum 10-year license suspension
- Substance use disorder evaluation and treatment
- Installation of an ignition interlock device
These are just the court-imposed penalties for an aggravated DUI conviction. You will also face other consequences, such as increased insurance rates, a permanent criminal record, and more. Additionally, if you are convicted of aggravated DUI and are involved in another DUI-related accident in the future, you will face even more severe penalties.
How to Fight Aggravated DUI Charges
Just because you have been charged with aggravated DUI does not mean that you will be convicted. There are many potential defenses to aggravated DUI charges, and an experienced attorney can help you determine the best strategy for your case.
Some common defenses to aggravated DUI charges include:
- Challenging the legality of the traffic stop
- Challenging the accuracy of the breath or blood test
- Challenging the admissibility of any incriminating statements you made to the police
- Challenging the admissibility of any evidence obtained in violation of your constitutional rights
- Arguing that you were not actually driving under the influence
- Arguing that you did not meet the criteria for an aggravated DUI charge
Every case is unique, and the best defense strategy for your case will depend on the specific circumstances involved. Our Manchester aggravated DUI attorney can review the facts of your case, conduct a thorough investigation, and help you build a strong defense.
Why Choose George T. Campbell, Attorney at Law?
At George T. Campbell, Attorney at Law, we are committed to providing each and every client with the personalized, one-on-one attention they deserve. When you choose our firm, you can expect to work directly with our Manchester aggravated DUI lawyer throughout the entire legal process. We will take the time to listen to your story, answer your questions, and address your concerns. Our goal is to help you make well-informed decisions about your case and to provide you with the aggressive representation you need and deserve.
Our Manchester Aggravated DUI Attorneys Can Help
If you are facing charges for aggravated DUI, you need an experienced attorney on your side. At George T. Campbell, Attorney at Law, we have the skill, knowledge, and resources to effectively represent you in court. We will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and your future.