Defense Against Sex Crime Charges in Manchester, NH
Consult with George T. Campbell, Attorney at Law Today
If you've been accused of a sex crime, it is imperative that you speak with an experienced trial attorney that knows how our New Hampshire justice system processes these cases. These allegations are often serious and a conviction can have lasting implications for the accused. A proactive, vigilant approach is needed to secure the best outcome possible is aggressively pursued.
At George T. Campbell, Attorney at Law, I have experience handling a wide range of sex crime cases, including both misdemeanors and felonies. For aggressive, insightful counsel that knows how to protect the rights and interests of the accused, call my firm today to schedule a consultation.
Don't face these troubling allegations without a trial-ready Manchester, NH attorney by your side. Call (603) 787-5364 today.
Understanding Sex Assault Crimes in NH
New Hampshire criminal statutes recognize three forms of sexual assault. Depending on the circumstances of the alleged offense, sexual assault can be considered a misdemeanor or a felony.
The most common types of sexual crime charges include:
- Sexual Assault: This is a Class A misdemeanor.
- Felonious Sexual Assault: This class B felony is punishable by up to seven years in prison
- Aggravated Felonious Sexual Assault: This comes with a maximum sentence of 10-20 years in prison (and no proof of corroboration need be supplied). The aggravating factor can involve the nature of the assault, whether force or threat of force occurred, the age of the alleged victim and whether there was a pattern of sexual abuse.
- Indecent exposure: While generally a misdemeanor, it can be considered a Class B felony if you have previously been convicted of indecent exposure or if the act was in the presence of a child who is less than 16 years old.
- Prostitution: Depending on the nature of the arrest, prostitution convictions can range from a misdemeanor to a Class B felony.
- Possession, production, or distribution of child pornography: This is often a Class A felony, and if convicted, you could face up to 15 years in prison and thousands of dollars in fines.
Penalties for a Sex Crime Conviction
With the seriousness in which sex crimes are treated in New Hampshire, if convicted, you can face years in prison as well as large fines and probation. A conviction of a sex crime like sexual assault results in more than these criminal penalties. In fact, they require you to register as a sex offender as well. In New Hampshire, the sex offender registry is divided into three tiers, with tier one lasting for 10 years and tiers two and three lasting your lifetime. This can limit employment opportunities, affect where you live, and impact your ability to acquire bank loans.
Sex Crime Attorney Near Me
With these life-changing penalties, it is important to have a New Hampshire sex crime attorney in your corner to help. Attorney George Campbell offers a free consultation, so we can hear your side of the story. For more information on your sex crime case and what my firm can do to protect your interests at this critical time, call today.
It is possible to seek favorable outcomes in these cases. Contact my office today to request an initial consultation.